Well, I finally did it! It only took me 1/2 year… but PhillyVeganGal.com is up and running! I’ve wanted to create this for a while now to offer a more user-friendly platform to share recipes + content. Instagram is great, but I would love for that to be the springboard where I can provide a catalog of images with the primary information being shared here. Please keep an eye out for when I launch my newsletter so that you can subscribe and stay up to date with all my latest posts!
I’ve got some big plans for this page including a vegan starter guide, vegan kitchen essentials, how to cook with tofu, and so much more! I’d love to hear your suggestions as well, so please drop a comment to let me know what content you’d like to see.
Ok, now on to the good stuff… Three Cheese Chickpea Pasta Lasagna! If you didn’t know already, I am obsessed with Banza pasta. It’s gluten free, vegan, non-GMO, and has a low glycemic index. Compared to “average pasta” it has 10 more grams of protein, 5 more grams of fiber, and 21 less net carbs!
I think one of the best things about this pasta is that you don’t need to boil them before you layer your lasagna! Super convenient. This recipe was prepared, cooked, and on its way into my stomach with 1 hour! I also had an all star lineup of cheeses including Kite Hill Foods ricotta, Miyokos Creamery fresh mozzarella, and Violife Foods parmesan. My fiancé isn’t always the biggest fan of plant-based cheese, but he LOVED this dish.
- 1 package Banza lasagna noodles
- 1 package Kite Hill ricotta
- 1 package Violife Foods parmesean
- 1 package Miyoko’s Creamery fresh mozzarella
- 2 jars of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Trader Joes!)
- 1 handful chopped basil
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Combine ricotta + Parmesan + chopped basil + Himalayan pink salt + pepper
- Spread marinara sauce in the bottom of your dish
- Alternate layers of Banza | ricotta mix + mozzarella
- Top final layer with the rest of your grated Parmesan
- Bake for 40 mins covered with foil
- Remove foil & broil for another 5 mins to brown your topping
- Add a few fresh basil leaves once you’re ready to serve to be extra fancy 🙂
✨ STUFF YO FACES, #pastapals!!✨
♡ Disclaimer ♡
Banza kindly sent this pasta to me, but I chose to post about it because I am truly, 1000% obsessed! I choose which products that I wish to represent, and would never share something that I did not fully support.
🍃 Please let me know if you try this recipe and don’t forget to tag @PhillyVegalGal on Instagram if you post! 🍃